Interested in acting in a virtual show?
Let us know!
As our Readers Virtual Theater series continues, ACT wants to extend acting opportunities to more members of our community. Do you miss acting? Haven't acted in a long time? Never acted but always wanted to try it? Let us know you're interested by completing this form, and directors of upcoming virtual shows will have your information and might reach out!
Submit the RVT actor (or director) interest form
You may have questions, and we have answers!
- Do I need any acting experience? No! Anyone and everyone is welcome!
- What ages of actors do you need? So far we've done shows featuring high school students up through adults of all ages. On the form you'll indicate your age range so directors have an idea of roles you could play.
- Do I have to audition? Nope! We're continuing to keep this simple - directors will look at the list for interested actors who are a good match for each part.
- Will I have to memorize my lines? No - these shows are rehearsed readings. The actors read from scripts during the performance.
- What technology will I need to be in a show? You will need a strong, reliable internet connection, and a webcam and microphone. (Many laptops have a camera and mic built in.) Your device will need to be able to run Zoom.
- What's the rehearsal commitment? Each director determines how many rehearsals to schedule; most shows have had 2 to 4 virtual rehearsals.
- If I put my name on the list, will I for sure get to be in a show? Sorry, we can't guarantee that everyone who's interested will get the opportunity to be in a show. But directors will be encouraged to spread opportunities around.
- What if I want to direct a virtual show? Tell us! We are looking for volunteers to serve as directors for virtual shows. No directing experience is required - just a commitment of time and energy to lead a virtual production. There is place on the form to indicate interest in directing.
RVT performances are typically on Sunday evenings.